• BTC/USD $63,614.50 USD
  • ETH/USD $2,529.32 USD
  • LTC/USD $291.91 USD

Can Mad Hatter bot resolve an “unknown” trade status response from CoinBase Pro on a partially-filled sell order on a long position?

• 1 Answer
    • coinbase
    • mad hatter
    asked 3 months ago

In the Log panel, it shows "Order has been cancelled. Reason unknown." The Order History panel shows the trade (sell) status is "unkown". However, the Open Positions panel shows the correct amount of remaining BTC in a long position. What appears to have happened is that CoinBase failed to execute all four sell orders needed to fulfill the trade. The orders appear in my CoinBase logs as successful, but the CoinBase portfolio correctly shows that some portion of the BTC is still there. So it is essentially a partially-filled order. Can I assume that my Mad Hatter bot will continue to try to close this long position, even though the Main Chart shows "sell order finished" (red dot)? There is no record of this partially-filled transaction in the Closed Positions panel. I am tempted to allow the Mad Hatter bot to continue to run, and see what happens. But I'd like to know what to expect.

Answer:

Thank you for your question Brian! The really ideal answer would be "Please convert MadHatter to a HaasScript bot because it could handle partially filled or unknown status order a lot better than custom bots can", but I think it would not be the answer you seek. As for the MadHatter, it would account order as "filled" if filled part is >80%, but sadly can't work with "Unknown" status, and can't decide on a situation if API reports any errors. So it will stick to his last known status and try to work from there.

1 Comments

• RusselRick 3 months ago
    Thank you for your question Brian! The really ideal answer would be "Please convert MadHatter to a HaasScript bot because it could handle partially filled or unknown status order a lot better than custom bots can", but I think it would not be the answer you seek. As for the MadHatter, it would account order as "filled" if filled part is >80%, but sadly can't work with "Unknown" status, and can't decide on a situation if API reports any errors. So it will stick to his last known status and try to work from there.

Have more to add? Share your knowledge

The community content is generated by people from the community and is actively moderated. However, we do not endorse or claim to maintain any user generated content, links, tutorials, guides, projects, or questions that may appear in community sections.